Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing






This dish is making me fall in love with quinoa. It is so good and yet so simple to prepare.  I had everything I needed to follow the recipe from this wonderful website.  Carrots and celery are the two veggies listed and they are staples in my fridge. I happened to have the others like honey and dried cranberries. I subbed walnuts for the almonds.

The dressing makes the dish. With it and the crunch from the veggies and nuts plus the sweet tartness from the cranberries constitute a feast in the mouth. Even my picky taster, my husband, loved it.

One taste of the salad, I knew I had a vegan salad I could bring to my "What's Cooking" luncheon with a salad theme with members of the International Women's Club of Monroeville. Here are pictures from this wonderful fun filled get together.











Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing

Adapted from this website.  


Salad


  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1\2 cup dried cranberries
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 cups julienned carrots
  • 1\2 cup chopped walnuts
  • Honey mustard dressing (recipe below)

Honey Mustard Dressing

  • 1\4 cup honey 
  • 1\4 cup dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1\2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1\2 tsp black pepper
  • 1\4 to 1\2 tsp sea salt

Combine the Ingredients of the dressing in a small bowl and whisk till well blended. Set aside.

Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Add the dressing and toss.





No comments:

Post a Comment