Sunday, May 17, 2020

Hints of Paradise





Eyes of children. Stars.
Flowers. Glimpse of paradise. 
For here now. Till then.




 
Note: This haiku was inspired by a homily given during the Mass at the EWTN channel last Tuesday during the feast of Our Lady of Fatima. The altar was profusely bedecked with beautiful flowers from viewers to honor Our Lady. This haiku is loosely quoted from St. Francis Borgia"s reflection used by the homilist.




Allow me to dedicate this to some ladies in my life who have helped me in their generosity to have a glimpse of paradise:  my daughter Wendy who thoughtfully gave me this bouquet of flowers for Mother"s Day, her daughter Maddie who with brother Luca are the joys of my life, and my other daughter Bettina who helps babysit them and sort of myself too. Plus my two fun sisters Bebeng and Menchie who share my passion for food and my late mother Natividad who taught me how to love our Blessed Mother and others with her unconditional love.



No comments:

Post a Comment