Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Pray Share and Chat 6/23/2021 Finding God in Nature


The focus of today's meeting is on finding God in Nature.

1.  Mindful: A Meditation Series (Growing Gratitude Guided Meditation) - YouTube




2.  Video God whispers 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zf_0jzPQ8lo




3.  Narrative

A Reflection by Mike Lorenzo

I wasn’t raised a Catholic, I wasn’t raised anything, but that doesn’t mean I never saw God before my eventual conversion. Lately I’ve been reflecting back on a particular experience I had quite often when I was in middle school. I would walk past a large oak tree on my way to class. It was a perfectly normal tree, nothing special, but some days, when the wind was blowing and the sun was streaming through the rustling branches, it became something so much more. I felt that in the middle of all this ordinary, there was extraordinary. As I took in the scene I was always left with the unshakeable and hard to place feeling that I was meant for more than South Texas suburbia going through its motions. As I grew older I came to discover that what I was feeling was the presence of God working in my life.

We’re invited to take time to unplug from our busy lives and experience God’s presence all around us everyday. When we make this an intentional practice we begin to see God everywhere, not just in Church on Sunday. We’re constantly affirmed by the knowledge that someone much greater than ourselves loves us. God’s love is written in everything, the rustling of trees, good times with friends, or a cup of coffee in the morning. He created us to live a life of awe with him; all that we need to do is open our eyes and look for it.



Mike Lorenzo

Mike Lorenzo is a proud convert to Catholicism, a passionate speaker, and a musician.


4. Prayer.

The Canticle of the Creatures

by St. Francis of Assisi, 1225 AD

 

Most High, all-powerful, good Lord,
Yours are the praises, the glory, and the honour, and all blessing,
To You alone, Most High, do they belong,
and no human is worthy to mention Your name.
 

Praised be You, my Lord, with all Your creatures,
especially Sir Brother Sun,
Who is the day and through whom You give us light.
And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendour;
and bears a likeness to You, Most High One.

 

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars,
in heaven You formed them clear and precious and beautiful.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brother Wind,
and through the air, cloudy and serene, and every kind of weather,
through whom You give sustenance to Your creatures.

 

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Water,
who is very useful and humble and precious and chaste.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brother Fire,
through whom You light the night,
and he is beautiful and playful and robust and strong.

Praised be You, my Lord, through our Sister Mother Earth,
who sustains and governs us,
and who produces varied fruit with coloured flowers and herbs.

 

Praised be You, my Lord, through those who give pardon for Your love,
and bear infirmity and tribulation.
Blessed are those who endure in peace
for by You, Most High, shall they be crowned.

Praised be You, my Lord, through our Sister Bodily Death,
from whom no one living can escape.
Woe to those who die in mortal sin.
Blessed are those whom death will find in Your most holy will,
for the second death shall do them no harm.

Praise and bless my Lord and give Him thanks
and serve Him with great humility.

 

www.franciscans.ie




6.  nature and haikus 2 - YouTube features haikus with photos of associate's garden.












No comments:

Post a Comment