Monday, June 21, 2021

A Perplexing Gift

 



A tiny little candy

called chocolate kisses.

I got one.

The usual pointed chocolate wrapped in

tin foil with the label

sticking out.

I was in our kitchen

busy preparing dinner

when little Luca

came and handed it to me.

No explanation. Just out of the blue

he came while he was playing.

I took it and placed it on the

kitchen island.

It is there up to now.

The little chocolate kiss

intrigued me.

Was it a gesture of sharing,

of thoughtfulness?

I even extrapolated it to

Oh my he really loves me!

I was touched.  But what if it is not what

I think it is.

At this point, we can believe

what we want.

So I will relish his show of love,

Love it.

I have not eaten that piece of candy.

Might never will.


Luca with his sister Maddie posing during
his graduation from pre-school.


No comments:

Post a Comment