Monday, January 17, 2022

Maddie's Favorite Energy Bites

 





My granddaughter Maddie loves these bites even without the cocoa, thus I named them after her.  She even brought some home with her last time she visited us.  My picky taster, my husband, loves both those with and without cocoa.  It is based on this Pinch of Yum recipe.


Maddie's Favorite Energy Bites

Adapted from this site.

Makes 24 small bites


INGREDIENTS


  • 10 pitted dates (if dried out, cut roughly to pieces or the food processor will be jumping)
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup flax meal
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa if you like
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • pinch of salt


INSTRUCTIONS

Mix all the ingredients in the food processor until it is smooth with some nuts still visible,

Roll into balls with help of small ice cream scoop.  Mine was not perfectly round I would admit but you can do better than that.

I store them in the fridge but I read they are pretty good frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment