Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Blessing in disguise

 



Jesus went to the desert before big events in His life. He found peace as he prayed for courage to face what was to come. He found enlightenment.  

Several weeks ago, I had my own desert experience, though not by choice.     I had COVID and was homebound.    I had no big events to speak of, but I needed rest from stressful stuff.  




I relinquished the responsibilities I had in my volunteer jobs.  I let go of any thought that I had to follow what I thought I had to do when I did not have COVID.  It felt good.  I was not a slave to a should-do, must-do, had-to-do mentality.  I just ate well relying on my newfound love for green smoothies and rediscovered the refreshing feeling from just walking around 1 mile in our neighborhood.  I felt the two were enough to keep me healthy.   

Surprisingly, my mind early in the morning was daring enough to write my thoughts and share them too in emails.  For some reason, my guts had no filter.  

The COVID was mild but took a long time of two weeks to show negative results.  I was relieved but also grateful for the rest the virus afforded me.  It was God speaking in whispers and I heard Him or Her in the silence.  Slow down.  Let go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment