Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Love is what it is all about.

 




Bianca gave the handwritten note above to me during our last meeting. I asked her why and she said, "Because you are my favorite teacher" and gave me her signature hug, arms around my waist. 

Lent is all about love. Jesus came to teach us how to live and love, even through pain and suffering. 

Lent is a time to be better and to continue to learn from Jesus. It takes discipline. Thus, we fast (not only from food but also from hurtful attitudes and habits). We give alms (money or service).  We pray. 

As we do exercises to toughen our bodies, these three Lenten practices strengthen our souls. 

Good things take effort including living and loving God, our neighbor, and ourselves. Let us together do our transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment