Saturday, September 12, 2026

Black Bean Brownie Bites with Raisins

 







One would not taste the black beans.  Dark chocolate is what its fans loved and being not too sweet .  My picky taster, my husband Bob loved it and so did members of the International Women’s Club I belong to.  Who knew?  I haven’t told Bob it has black beans  ha, ha, ha  

INGREDIENTS




Based on this site

  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 12 pitted dates (previously soaked)
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons stevia or any other sweetener 
  • 1/4 cup raisins soaked in 2 tablespoons rum 

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Make sure you’ve rinsed and thoroughly drained your black beans.
  2. Add all the ingredients except the raisins.into your food processor or blender and puree scraping down sides as needed. You want it pretty smooth.
  3. If the batter appears too thick, add 2 Tbsp water and pulse again. It should be slightly thick like cookie dough.  If too thin, add more oatmeal and blend. 
  4. To the mixture, add the raisins and rum. 
  5. Using a small ice cream scoop, fill it half full or fully, then form into balls and roll into cocoa powder. 

My Notes

I microwaved pitless dates in some water in microwave about 1 minute.

I used whole oats  

I used my blender  

I added stevia, about two tbsp  since my dates were not that sweet  

I added 1/4 cup raisins that had been soaked in rum and added whole thing to mixture. You can skip adding them or use other add ins  

I added added about two tbsp more whole oats











No comments:

Post a Comment