Friday, September 2, 2016

Easy Microwave Macaroons (gluten free)


I had macaroons in a recent meeting and my love for them was revived. I had been playing with a microwave cookie recipe using bananas and coconut and a light bulb lit to use the same approach to make the macaroons.  I actually found out I only needed three ingredients.  I just needed to determine how best to do it in the microwave.  I was lazy and I wanted my macaroons right then so microwaving suits my impatient personality,

You can add raisins, nuts or chocolate chips but I found the sweetness of the banana that was ripened by the microwaving mixed with the coconut together was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Warning this is addictive.

Easy Microwaved Macaroons (gluten free)

  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Mash the banana in a small bowl with a fork. Add the coconut and baking powder and mix with the banana with a fork. 

Microwave the mixture in a bowl for 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave and form the mushy mixture into small balls. About 8 small balls.

Place the balls in a dinner plate along the edge of the plate in a circle leaving space in between and in the middle of plate 

Microwave for 2 more minutes till the macaroons have body but still pillowy. Too long amd they get tough. I used a 1100 watt microwave.You might have to play around a few seconds at a time if still too soft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment