Monday, September 5, 2016

Linguine Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing



This is now my favorite pasta salad. I had it during our Book Club meeting at the McGinnis Specialty Store in Monroeville, PA and I just could not get it off my mind.  The hard salami in it makes the salad special plus of course the crunchiness of the various vegetables.  I initially used store bought Italian dressing but my husband complained that the whole salad did not appeal to him.  I added the homemade Italian dressing instead and I was surprised the herbs did not turn him off and he went gaga over the salad.

I used less oil than most homemade salad dressing calls for.  It actually works so do not worry serving the healthy dressing.  Its taste is amazing especially with the salad.  It is not too late to prepare it today, Labor Day.  It will be a hit.

Linguine Salad

  • 16 oz linguine, cooked and cooled
  • 1 zucchini, cubed
  • 1 red pepper, cut into small pieces
  • 1 cucumber, cubed
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1 cup pimento olives
  • 8 oz hard salami, cut into bite sizes
  • 1 recipe Italian dressing (recipe below)
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss.  

Homemade Italian Dressing
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp dry oregano
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp dry thyme leaves
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp dry parsley
  • 1/2 tsp dry basil
Combine all the ingredients in a bottle with a screw cap. Replace the cap and shake till well mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment