Saturday, September 24, 2016

Tuna Loaf


I had this wonderful salmon loaf in the equally wonderful luncheon at our church this past Thursday.  I really enjoyed this salmon loaf as well as the rest of the other dishes and glorious desserts during this lunch. We all had a wonderful (I am running out of adjectives) time eating, talking and discussing some unplanned important topics of life realities.





I obtained the recipe for this salmon loaf from Jean Farr (shown below) in order to make it as soon as possible.  She happened to have it with her in her wallet.  She is very organized, I tell you.




I however did not have any salmon nor the Caesar salad croutons and I did not want to go to the store either.  I was determined to make something close so I opened two cans of tuna which gave me a total amount close to a large can around 12 oz.  I also used herb seasoned bread stuffing for the croutons.  I also searched for recipes in the web that did not have any cream of mushroom soup in the list of ingredients.  This is what I came up with.  I served it to my husband for dinner last night and he ate almost one mini pan full of it.  He just said it needed more oomph so I am adding cumin and cayenne pepper to the recipe as optional ingredients.  It is good without them but they will give this wonderful (again this adjective. I need a Thesaurus) kick my husband was looking for and I did not want to add salt however.

Tuna Loaf


  • 10-12 oz can tuna, drained 
  • 2 cups herb seasoned bread stuffing
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cumin (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Place the mixture in two mini loaf pans or one large loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake for 30 minutes or till top is browned and the center cooked.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment