Saturday, January 28, 2017

Easy Italian Wedding Soup



If you are in a hurry to prepare a hearty meal for your family, this is a quick and easy recipe to have around. You need frozen spinach and store bought meatballs from your freezer, bouillon cubes and orzo noodles from the pantry and baby carrots and celery from the fridge. Only six ingredients plus water from your faucet.  Not much prep nor cutting involved except for slicing the celery. Dump the ingredients in the pot, boil and you have a robust soup in less than twenty minutes.

I had to prepare this when my daughter texted me she was coming and I did not have anything except leftovers and I wanted something comforting and fresh to serve her and my grandchildren.  I am grateful I had frozen store bought meatballs and spinach in the fridge to prepare one of my favorite soups, the iconic Italian Wedding Soup.  I saw that look of satisfaction in my daughter's face as well my husband's who has been a soup Nazi lately as they ate this delicious soup. I'd say it is pretty close to the ones you eat at Olive Garden or even other fancier Italian restaurants.

Easy Italian Wedding Soup

  • 16 store bought frozen meatballs or homemade ones
  • 6 cups water
  • 3 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 2 cups frozen spinach
  • 1 cup baby carrots
  • 1 celery stalks, sliced
  • 1/2 cup orzo noodles

Place all the ingredients except the orzo noodles in a pot.  Heat to boiling. Once the carrots are cooked, add the orzo noodles and boil till the noodles are cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment