Monday, June 27, 2016

Vita Mix Chia Cheese Pimiento Spread





The chia seeds do make wonders in making this spread attain a creamy texture despite the absence of cream, butter or real cheese. I have eaten this over toast and as my filling for a sandwich.  (Have lettuce as a barrier between bread and this concoction or spread a bit of Earth Balance on the bread when using for a sandwich).

I have developed a craving for this spread both for its taste and texture.  It is also motivating that it has the superfood chia seeds performing a great role in making the texture appealing aside from increasing its nutritional value. .

I did use my Vita Mix Blender for this spread.  I placed the vegetable ingredients one at a time and in the sequence given and it worked.

I had this for my lunch as a sandwich and as my breakfast over bread that I toasted together with some spinach on top in my toaster oven.  Very satisfying.

Vita Mix Chia Cheese Pimiento Spread

  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 1 small cucumber, peeled and seeds removed, cut into 4 pieces 
  • 1 large whole roasted red pepper bottled in water, drained well of any liquid
  • 20 olives with pimento centers
  • 6 oz Daiya cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 tbsp dry garlic flakes or 4 fresh garlic cloves
  • 1 tbsp Splenda or sugar (optional)
Place the ingredients into your Vita Mix blender according to the sequence given.  Drain off any liquid.  Let it rest in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.  Serve over toasts or filling for a sandwich or as a vegetable dip.  


No comments:

Post a Comment