Monday, November 20, 2017

Slow Cooker Beef Satay




I wanted something different for the beef I had in the freezer. I thought of trying to see how my slow cooker will perform cooking the marinade for an Indonesian satay dish.  I added the peanut butter, a traditional ingredient for satays and added cumin and red pepper flakes for extra oomph. I was happy. My husband, my picky taster, gave it two thumbs up.

I recommend adding the sesame oil as a drizzle after cooking rather than during to preserve its taste. Do add the green onions as toppings for freshness. 

This is an easy delicious dish to prepare in case you want a break from turkey after thanksgiving. 

Slow Cooker Beef Satay


  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 beef bouillon cube
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 lbs beef, cubed ( I used London broil)
  • Garnishes (green onions, sesame oil)

Place all the ingredients except the beef and garnishes in the slow cooker and mix. Add the cubed meat and mix. Cook at high for three hours or at low for six hours. I cooked mine in an Aroma brand rice cooker/slow cooker for two hours at slow cooker setting. 

Serve it over rice or pasta topped with green onions and drizzled with sesame oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment