Monday, September 10, 2018

Garden Fresh Tomato Pizza





I wanted to use the tomatoes from our vegetable garden which my husband lovingly and obsessively put together. He kept on asking me everyday if I have done something with them.  I first thought of making a tomato red pepper marinara sauce but decided instead to make a tomato pizza using the fresh bounty from our garden.  I wanted this fruit or vegetable to some to be the star.



I used refrigerated pizza crust as the base for the luscious tomatoes. I opted to do away with using pizza sauce to further showcase the taste and freshness of the tomatoes.  I did use shredded cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.  For flavor, I used garlic and onion powders, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. My husband loved this simple rustic pizza but then again those tomatoes are his babies.

Garden Fresh Tomato Pizza


  • 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
  • 3 large fresh tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup olives, optional
  • 1/2 tbsp dry Italian seasoning or fresh chopped basil
  • 1 tsp each garlic and onion powders
  • salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Spread the refrigerated pizza crust onto a 13x9 inch cookie pan,  Prebake for 8 minutes.

Place the sliced fresh tomatoes on top of the prebaked pizza crust.

Sprinkle shredded cheese, grated parmesan and Italian seasoning on top of tomatoes.

Bake the pizza for 6 minutes.

Sprinkle garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper on top of the baked pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment