Sunday, September 16, 2018

Slow Cooker Saucy Pork Chops




When you are down to two persons in a household, it is good to come up with recipes for two. In our case we tend to end up forgetting leftover stuff in the fridge that end up being thrown away. Sad and wasteful.

Here is a recipe I adapted from the one given to me by my daughter, Wendy. I used the slow cooker instead of the oven for this delicious dish meant for two. I also added chopped peppers from our vegetable garden.



Slow Cooker Saucy Pork Chops

Adapted from this site
  • 2 pieces pork chops or any pork sliced into two 3\4  inch pieces (note 1)
  • 1\4 cup onion, chopped
  • 1\2 cup sliced peppers, any kind (note 2)
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp balsamic or cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1\2 tsp salt
  • 1\4 tsp black pepper
  • 1\8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch in 2 tbsp water

Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook for 3 hours at high setting or 6 hours at low. I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for two hours at slow cooker setting.

Serve over rice with a salad or steamed vegetables.

Notes


1. I used about a pound of pork butt which I cut into two thick slices.

2. I used a mixture of peppers.




No comments:

Post a Comment