Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Instant Pot Haluski



Fish fry during lenten season evokes memories of haluski as a side dish and that means cravings for this comfort food.  I decided to make it in the Instant Pot to satisfy this yearning. 

Most haluskis are swimming in butter but I skipped that and I was still happy. The cabbage is a bit soft but I actually did not mind it.  It was indeed comforting since my friend Margaret who is recuperating from surgery loved it.  She was delighted and excited when I told her about it during my visit. She emailed me later she just had to have it when I left.

Complete your fish dinner with this easy and delicious comfort food.

Instant Pot Haluski


1 lb egg noodles
1/2 head Cabbage, cored and quartered
1 onion, chopped
4 cups water
1 tsp salt

Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.  It is all right if not all noodles are covered with water.

Put vent in sealing position and cook mixture at high pressure for 1 minute. Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release.

Season haluski with salt and pepper to your taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment