Saturday, March 7, 2020

Instant Pot Chinese Sticky Rice






  • I found another use for my arborio rice with an Asian flair. I substituted it for the sticky rice in the Chinese Sticky Rice recipe. I prefer not to have too many stuff in my pantry and did not buy sticky rice at the Asian store and thought of using my arborio rice that came in a big jar instead. This is close to what I was craving for when I woke up one morning.  It was so good I ate the whole thing in one day. 
  • I used my Instant Pot for a one step preparation. The dried shiitake mushrooms were soft and the combination of spices spot on.

  • Instant Pot Chinese Sticky Rice

  • 1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons Hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 pieces Star anise
  • 1/8 tsp schichuan pepper, optional


  • Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release. Cut the shiitake mushrooms into small pieces before serving.






No comments:

Post a Comment