Monday, March 23, 2020

Vita Mix Five Ingredient Black Bean Soup






Though I have lots of time in my hands because of the lockdown due to Covid-19. I still resort to dump-in-one-cooking-vessel recipes. I hate doing dishes. Vita Mix is one of my go to cooking gadget to cater to my sometimes lazy cooking style.

Vita Mix that is capable of heating up is perfect for making soups and I used it when I adapted my friend, Linda Jomes’ black bean soup she demonstrated to the members of the  Plant Based Pittsburgh group. It took only less than 8 minutes to heat up the ingredients.







The recipe utilizes just five ingredients you usually have in your pantry or fridge. The use of salsa is brilliant and gives the soup acidity and spice. You do not need to chop numerous spices.   This is simple and yet delicious and as comforting as a hug which we need these days.


Vita Mix Five Ingredient Black Bean Soup


Adapted from Linda Jones’ recipe

  • 1-15 oz can black beans, undrained 
  • 1/2 cup vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/4 tsp cumin 
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder

Add all the ingredients in the Vita Mix and blend at highest setting or speed till the contents are hot. 

Serve with tomato, green onions and/or chips. 


No comments:

Post a Comment