Friday, July 10, 2020

My Morning Walk




I have surprised myself lately. I have been rolling out of bed these past weeks and taking early morning walks. I never liked walking. Before the pandemic I have resorted to classes in the gym I belonged to for physical exercise. Zumba, line dancing and cardio walk classes. I just never felt the need to walk in our neighborhood. But then the lockdown happened. At first I depended on online Zumba and cardio walk classes and still did not take up walking.  But after being cooped up for weeks I decided to go explore the outside confines of our house. Before I know it I was hooked to walking.

Every time during my morning walk,  I am greeted by the squawks of the black crows and tweeting songs of the fluttering birds. Now and then bunnies would come out from the bushes and gleefully run in the manicured yards. I find them to be very pleasant company as well as the few neighbors that I see along the way.








My favorite part of the walk is a small stretch of green grass of different varieties bordered by tall trees in the front part of the neighborhood.  A stream snakes through in this piece of nature patch and gives a soft almost of a whisper of water flowing.  White daisies are scattered on the edges and randomly here and there on this green oasis. The whole scenic view makes a relaxing break after walking through rows and rows of front yards and houses. 
















My walk is short and not as challenging as what the others walking at the same time undertake. I could lengthen it perhaps in the future. Right now I just want this surprise gift from this pandemic to be something I look forward to everyday and hopefully enjoy as long as I can. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment