Friday, November 6, 2015

Vegan Ranch Dressing





I am now a believer in using tofu in recipes calling for cheese.  It gives this recipe the texture which I rate as just as important as taste especially when it comes to the well loved ranch dressing.  I adapted this from a recipe by Elie Krieger which uses nonfat plain yogurt.  I substituted tofu for the yogurt in this vegan version.This is so good I kept on licking the cover and the container of the blender before I did the photo shoot early in the morning.  I just grabbed my bag of baby carrots and ate them after I wiped the container with them.  This is a dead ringer for the original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.



Vegan Ranch Dressing


8 servings (around 2 tbsp per serving)

1/2 cup soft tofu
1/3 cup nondairy milk
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp vegan mayo
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp dry dill lemon or fresh dill

Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix till completely creamy.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 19 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
12
Calories from Fat
6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.6g
1%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
163mg
7%
Potassium
26mg
1%
Total Carbohydrates
0.7g
0%
Protein
1.1g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 2%Iron 1%
Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points

No comments:

Post a Comment