Friday, February 5, 2016

A Tender Movie Scene for a Tired Spirit


I woke up really tired today, perhaps because it is Friday.  I actually was tired last night and I do not know why.  I went to a meeting not in very good form.  My eyes were droopy even when the speaker was well prepared and smoothly gave his talk.  The members in my discussion group were congenial and ready to share their thoughts. I did share mine because, ugh ugh ugh, I was tired. When that happens I am particularly a little bit too excited and edgy.  I woke up this morning wishing I did not say what I said the way I did it.  It was spoken rather impatiently in my judgement.

I needed something to "tenderize" my hardened tired spirit this morning. To accomplish this task I decided to view the YouTube video of the most memorable part of Casper a movie which features the friendship between the friendly ghost of the same name with a young girl named Kat, played by Christina Ricci.   I remember sleeping through this movie when I viewed it twenty years ago and waking up in time to hear Casper whisper to Christina Ricci the famous phrase "Can I keep you" in the most unforgettable scene in the movie. It was so tenderly said it melted my heart then and still do now. So this morning I used this video as my chill pill.  If you do not have time you can go to the last minute to view this sweet moment.  I highly recommend, however, to view the earlier parts that will make you feel this heartwarming point more poignantly.  It might even be Kleenex time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment