Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Citrusy Sweet Potato Tacos








These tacos were inspired by the Tofu Tacos I ate at Mad Mex Restaurant in Miracle Mile Mall in Monroeville, PA the first day of the green phase in our county, Allegheny. 



I decided to substitute sweet potatoes for the tofu they used. I microwaved first my sweet potatoes which I then doused with the orange juice and soy sauce mixture. I then crisped them in the air fryer.

The tacos were close to the tofu tacos I swooned over at Mad Mex.  The avocado helps moisten the tacos, so you do not need mayo. Eaten with spinach and beans on the side, I had two superfoods in a meal. I was happy.







Citrusy Sweet Potato Tacos

  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp orange juice from bottle or fresh
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 avocado, halved and sliced
  • greens (optional)
  • 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
  • 4-6 corn or flour tortillas

Cut four slits, not too deeply, on both sides of the sweet potatoes. Microwave for three to four minutes or till you can poke a fork on surface.

Score the potatoes with a knife so you have 1/4 inch cubes.  Scoop the cubes out with a spoon into a small bowl .

Add the soy sauce and orange juice to the potatoes and mix.  Add the garlic powder.

Transfer the potatoes in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.

Place your tortillas in the microwave covered with slightly wet paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds.

Assemble your tacos by distributing the sweet potatoes, greens, avocado slices and cilantro on 1/2 of one side of tortilla and then fold over the other half.

Serve with cooked rice with salsa on top and black beans and spinach on the side.



No comments:

Post a Comment