Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Instant Pot Tilapia Tikka Masala






This is that time of the year, I think, or at least once a year when appliances break and deliveries are made with 4-5 hour window.  I was prepared and decided an Instant Pot lunch featuring Tilapia with Tikka Masala sauce.  Of course, I prepared rice in my multi use cooker to go with it.  

I wanted it to be a one dish meal and added as many vegetables as I could from the fridge.  I used carrots, celery, and kale from a bag. I decided to use dry spices and aromatics rather than do any chopping.  

Anything with coconut milk tastes good and so does this easy dish.  I usually add either tomato paste or a can of diced tomatoes but I truthfully forgot but this still is on par with any tikka masala I have prepared before.  I added tofu to augment the protein since I only had three tilapia pieces left to use.  By the way I used the tilapia frozen.  

I wanted a no fuss meal on a tense delivery day when you were not sure if they would install or not your dryer or whether they just dump it in front of your front door.  They did install it.  Whew.  All was well especially followed by a delicious lunch consisting of this saucy dish over rice.



Instant Pot Tilapia Tikka Masala



    • 1- 15 oz coconut milk full fat
    • 1 tbsp curry powder
    • 2 tsp onion powder
    • 2 tsp garlic flakes
    • 1 tsp powdered ginger
    • 1 tsp cumin powder
    • 1/2 tsp ground coriander 
    • 1/8 tsp turmeric
    • 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
    • 1/8 tsp cardamon powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • black pepper to taste
    • 3 carrots, cut in half
    • 3 stalks celery, cut in fourths
    • 2 cups cut kale pieces from a bag
    • 3 -5 pieces frozen individually wrapped tilapia fillets
    • 1 block firm tofu (optional), cut into large cubes


Add all the ingredients except for the tilapia and tofu in the Instant Pot  and mix together.  

Then you can either place the frozen tilapia fillets directly on top of the mixture or on top of a trivet placed on top of the mixture.  

Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.  Quick release at end of cooking.  Adjust the spices if you like.  

Add the tofu when serving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment