Saturday, January 23, 2016

Buttercream with Walnut Frosting Using a Vitamix Blender


This icing was used in the pistachio cake I had at Esta Esta Restaurant at Monroeville  PA.  My husband and I fell in love with it.  So I prepared a pistachio cake from a recipe I had in this blog and frosted it with buttercream icing incorporated with walnuts.

I decided to try preparing the icing with my new Vitamix Blender since my Kitchen Aid mixer would be tied up making the pistachio cake.  Would it work, I wondered?

It actually did.  Now I know I have another tool to make frosting. The frosting came out fluffy enough to spread and the blender cut the nuts right there together with the icing. The only thing was I had to blend by hand some of the Cool Whip topping I added at the end since some were not mixed in.  This Cool Whip is an optional ingredient I add to augment the amount of icing but one can skip it. Otherwise the blender did a wonderful job.

The cake with the frosting was a hit with my husband and family especially my granddaughter Maddie.  She immediately called her mom's attention to the frosted cake when she saw it on the dining room table.

Buttercream with Walnut Frosting Using A Vitamix Blender

  • 2 sticks butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 or more tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 oz Cool Whip (optional)
  • 1 cup walnuts
Add the butter to the blender and using the setting 1 blend till creamy.  Add the sugar in batches using the same setting. Add the milk between batches. Add the vanilla and the Cool Whip if using and blend. Add the walnuts and blend just enough to cut to the size you want. I prefer it coarsely chopped. Just use a spatula to mix in some of the Cool Whip that is not incorporated.  This is awesome. Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment