Monday, January 11, 2016

Corn Potato Ham Chowder


The weather here in Pittsburgh had dipped into the '30's this past week.  It signaled me to prepare comforting soup to come home to at the end of the day.  This is one recipe that is of the meat and potato variety.  I used leftover ham I had.  (I will be posting a plant based version in the future).

It has high nutritional value also aside from a satisfying delicious taste.  Vegetables like carrots, celery and yellow pepper were added.

My picky taste tester, my husband Bob, gave it two thumbs up.  You would too.  Yummy!

Corn Potato Ham Chowder

  • 1 - 15 oz can creamy sweet corn
  • 1 - 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 cups diced celery including leaves if any
  • 1 cup diced peeled carrots
  • 1 cup, diced sweet yellow pepper
  • 1 1/2 cup cooked ham, cubed
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup milk or non dairy milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Combine all the ingredients in the crock pot.  Slow cook for 6 hours at low setting or 3 hours at high setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment