Monday, January 4, 2016

Easy Turkey Noodle Soup


Sometimes the best dishes come from leftovers.  In this recipe, I used turkey meat that I froze from the holidays.  I served this comforting and delicious soup during the yearly luncheon I hosted for my prayer group. They were asking me at the end of lunch how I cooked it and I told them what I used.  I told them leftover turkey with all its glorious fat.  Rose exclaimed no wonder.  This is a decadent recipe as you can see.  But it is good.  I did not saute any vegetables or the meat and just dumped everything in the soup pot. I only included the meat which I removed from the bone.  I did not want any guest choking on a turkey bone. Aside from the chicken bouillon cubes, vegetables and turkey, the dry minced onions and garlic powder gave the soup its amazing flavor.  I cooked the pasta separately and added it after the carrots and celery are cooked.  Better than any canned ones or even what you get in restaurants.  So next time you are wondering what to do with your turkey leftovers, remember this delicious, easy and economical recipe.

Easy Turkey Noodle Soup

  • 2 cups cooked turkey meat (or chicken) plus any fat or broth if any  
  • 4 stalks celery sliced into 1/2 inch slices
  • 2 cups carrots (I used baby carrots)
  • 4 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 3 tbsp dry minced onions
  • 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp sage
  • 6 cups water
  • black pepper to taste
  • salt to taste
  • 8 oz pasta of your choice, cooked according to the package instructions.
Place all the ingredients except the cooked pasta in a large soup pot.  Allow to boil and then bring to a simmer till the carrots and celery are cooked.  Then add the cooked pasta.  Serve with crusty bread and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment