Friday, November 18, 2016

Orange Walnut Chex Snacks




This is an easy snack to prepare during the coming holidays.  It has a different flavor from the usual Chex Cereal snacks which are coated with peanut butter or chocolate and of course butter.

The original recipe my friend Milyssa gave me had butter as one of the ingredients which I skipped in this adapted recipe.  It also used frozen juice concentrate which I did not have so I opted for orange juice prepared from a concentrate which comes in those familiar orange juice bottles.  I am pretty sure the frozen concentrate would have been better. But I am happy with how this adapted snack mix came out.  I prepared it twice and you guessed it, I gobbled almost the whole thing in one day.  So good and addictive.

Orange Walnut Chex Snacks

  • 4 cups Corn Chex Cereals (any flavor)
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup orange juice (better yet frozen juice concentrate, thawed}
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger powder

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, place the cereals and walnuts.  In a separate small bowl mix the sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and ginger powder.  Add the orange juice mixture into the cereals and walnuts and mix them till the cereals and walnuts are coated with the orange juice mixture.

Place the coated cereals and nuts into the sprayed pan in a single layer.  Bake for 10 minutes.  You can add dried fruits if you want after baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment