Thursday, February 16, 2017

Slow Cooker Honey Jalapeno Chicken



I wanted something sweet and spicy for the chicken thighs I had in the freezer.  I searched the web for recipes that would tantalize my eyes and taste and I settled for the one in this site which had a recipe for grilled honey jalapeno chicken.  I am a very lazy cook and I really not into grilling. You can count on your fingers how often we have used our outdoor grill since we have purchased it more than three or so years ago.  I did not feel like baking the chicken either. I decided to find out how satisfied I would be if I use my trusty slow cooker. Well, it worked.  I was happy with the outcome and my picky taster, my husband, gave the dish two thumbs up.  

I used bottled jalapenos and less than what the equivalent six fresh jalapenos in the original recipe.  You can add more bottled jalapenos if you want or serve them on the side.  

I simplified the original recipe I adapted this dish from and deleted the oil and dry cilantro which my husband who abhors it is grateful for.  It calls for 5 ingredients so how more simple can it get.

Slow Cooker Honey Jalapeno Chicken

Adapted from this site
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 6 tbsp water
  • 3 tbsp chopped bottled jalapeno.
  • 4 garlic cloves, grated or minced
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 pounds boned-in chicken thighs, skin removed 
Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker.  Cook for 3 hours at high setting or 7 hours at low setting.  I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment