Thursday, March 23, 2017

Slow Cooker Meatball and Sausage Macaroni Casserole




This is an excellent crowd pleasing dish to bring to potlucks and family gatherings. I just came back from a fellowship luncheon at our church and I brought this dish to share. It was a hit with several people asking for the recipe.  They were surprised how easy and convenient it was to prepare.  You just dump the ingredients except the macaroni and Parmesan cheese in the slow cooker and forget it.  In my case I was able to go to morning mass and my dental appointment while the meat and sauce mixture were slow cooking in my crock pot.  I cooked the macaroni in the microwave before I left for church and my dental appointment and reheated it in the microwave before I poured the meatball and sausage sauce that was kept on the keep warm mode in my slow cooker. This is a two thumbs up dish.  They requested me to bring this dish again for the next luncheon.


Slow Cooker Meatball and Sausage Macaroni Casserole


  • 1 12-oz bag frozen cooked meatballs (24 meatballs), I used Rosina brand Italian style meatballs
  • 1 lb Italian sausage (3 links), cut into pieces and skin removed
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 1 large green pepper, sliced
  • 1-24 oz jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
  • 1-16 oz package elbow macaroni, cooked according to the package
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Combine all the ingredients except the macaroni and Parmesan cheese in the slow cooker bowl.  Cook for 4 hours at high or 8 hours at low setting.  I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting.

Place the cooked elbow macaroni in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish and pour the cooked meatball and sausage sauce on top.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.  

No comments:

Post a Comment