Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Whole New World


A whole new world
With my grandchild involved
No more teaching chemistry
But rhymes in the nursery
Filled to the brim is my head
About monkeys jumping on the bed
People on the bus and who they all are
About twinkle twinkle little stars
Crawling itsy bitsy spiders
And that ABC song proudly sang over and over
I no longer care about the value of the pi
How to teach how to convert kilometers to miles
Who Avogadro is and his number
How the students should know how to predict
Using the periodic table for facts to stick
Visions of electrons and protons inside the atom dancing the jig
Are replaced by endless Youtube videos of Sesame Street Elmo, Telletubbies and Peppa Pig
A whole new world for me
And I am happy
I get to be
Just like my little Maddie.







No comments:

Post a Comment