Thursday, March 31, 2016

New Way of Thinking


We sometimes overthink when we are challenged with questions if we are doing enough in our life. Be it helping humanity or dealing with what we are learning from the Great Book only to be riddled with confusion. We get too serious sometimes and overly cerebral that we forget life is best learned by living. We need to forge ahead and do things sometimes despite lack of clarity and understanding of the whys and what fors.

I always look into embarking into something that I am uncertain of just the way I approached the experiments that I had done in my research when I used to work in the lab. When I had to start a new way to do an experiment in the lab I usually was filled with what ifs and buts that crippled me and made me sometimes procrastinate and just freeze. The nagging fears were worst than dealing with the result whether good or bad at the end. Realizing it was what it was to be, an experiment meaning an exploration, had helped me in this situation to have more fun rather than dread.  So when I am overthinking in my life, aka, worrying, I just remind myself that life is an experiment. Explore.  Live.  Yes, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment