Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Space Without Judgement




I did not realize until today how liberating it is to have that space in my mind for others opinion. It is so freeing and also enriching.  I learned a lot today during our meeting by doing active listening.  I really put aside my need to express my opinion at all cost and to have the patience to have my turn.  It took me decades to learn this type of listening that stems from a heart that is open and without judgement.

What we hear is only half of what is conveyed.  Feelings and stories behind what are being said cannot be heard when the mind is shut and self-centered.  Another word that comes to mind is compassionate listening. This aptly is a good term for what the poster above conveys.

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment