Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Essence of Joy

The Essence of Joy

The half time show is what we care to see
Aside from the cheesy commercials we watched with glee
During the Super Bowl every year that is held
To see the two champion teams go head to head
But 2016 to me is the year
I will hold to my heart so dear
It is whence I with my granddaughter Maddie
And even my daughter so preggie
Jumped and danced with joy as Bruno Mars 
Beyonce and Coldplay sang under the stars
With all the energy they could give
With such abandon and so alive
That made two year old Maddie point to the TV screen and say "I want to be there"
On the same stage in the great football field where they were
In those happy moments dancing together I truly felt
The essence of joy we all have met
It was such a feeling so great
That made the people in the world forget all their woes
And that some of them were even foes.

2 comments: