Saturday, February 20, 2016

I Really Have Enough



I really have enough
Listing them is actually tough
All I need to have to live
To grow in many ways and thrive
I have a roof over my head
A comfortable bed with no bugs
Pillows to rest my head and to hug
In the fridge and pantry are aplenty
Foods both good and bad for me
I have clean running water to drink
To wash dishes in the sink
To bathe myself with till I am clean
To brush my teeth with till they gleam
To flush the toilets
To water the african violets.
Clothes fill my closet and drawers
Shoes to wear are everywhere
I also have socks
I have coats on my back
I have electricity to light my home
Run the TV, fridge, computer and phone
Gas for my stove and to heat the house
For hot water for me to get bathed and washed
I have a car that runs
So I can go out for errands and fun
I have a gym to go to and exercise on some days
A church where I can worship and pray
I can dance and walk
I can chew and talk
I can hear the door bell
The aroma of food I can smell
I can taste and have appetite
I can see, I have my eyesight
I have my husband and my whole family
God has been good and generous to me
I really have enough to live
Even more that I can share and give
I should be content
And not to lament
That I could not harbor
What could be more and more
Get over that fact
Because enough is enough.



2 comments: