Sunday, February 28, 2016

Room For Another One



I wondered if my heart would have room
For this second grandchild, a boy, that was coming soon
After all I was totally enthralled
With the first one a granddaughter I so loved
Then my daughter's last trimester arrived
Vision of a grandson in my thoughts came alive
I noticed the excitement that I did not expect
Since I thought one was just perfect
Two would be a crowd
No way my heart would have that allowed
But I was so wrong
The feelings for another was just as strong
And when yesterday he arrived
My happiness was on overdrive
How huge my heart was came as a surprise
It had room for more than something "sweet and spice"
That there also was space in it for "snips and snails
And puppy dog tails"
I am so grateful
My heart is so full.
I am delighted
I am excited.

2 comments: