Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What If I Get To Be 70, 80 or Even 90

What If I Get To Be 70, 80 Or 90

I am in my sixties
And I do wonder what it will be
When I am in my seventies, eighties or nineties
Will I be like seventy-ish Kay
Who averages 14000 steps a day
Or will I be at home to stay
Or be out to the gym like Kay to play.
When I am in my eighties
Will I learn new crafts like Dorothy
Making pop up cards and folded cut out trees
Will I be like Win painting travel memories
Or be like Rose who with her computer skills
Do facebook, skype and send out emails
Will I still be doing Zumba steps with pizzass
Like Helen in my class
Or will I be home like I inhaled ether and just be still
Complaining that life has no more thrills.
Will I be like the late dear Elma in her nineties
Doing the exercise circuit at Curves while telling us stories
Or will I just sit on my behind
Bored out of my mind
And what if I reach the hundreds
Will I be like Val busy with the Garden Club she heads
Who chooses at 101 "to live while she is alive
And die only when she is dead"
Or will I just dread
My obituary that will be read.
Whatever life brings at any age
As I speak like Patricia the ageless sage
It will be good and even better somehow
If I emulate the attitude of these inspiring ladies to whom I bow.

2 comments: