Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Chia Banana Coffee Smoothie


I wanted dessert after my lunch today.  I gave up chocolate for lent and I wanted something close to it.  I played around with the recipe of Chia Coffee Cardamon Bliss I posted in the past.  I decided to add cinnamon and frozen banana and made the brewed coffee as much as the nondairy milk.  The coffee is now taking a main role thus it is darker than the original recipe.  For me this is good.  My eye is tricking me I am having chocolate.  But really you will not miss the chocolate at all.  The result was so amazing I had to share it with you.  Go make this.  It will make your day especially if you are chocolate deprived.  

Chia Banana Coffee Smoothie

2 servings
  • 1 cup brewed coffee (Note 1)
  • 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1/8 tsp cardamon
  • 1 frozen ripe banana (Note 2)
Place all the ingredients in the blender and pulse till the frozen banana is cut into pieces and then switch to the blend mode till the mixture turns thick in consistency.  You can eat this immediately or you can refrigerate for later.  Believe would be just slurp this right away.  Enjoy!

Notes:
1.  I used a cup of single serve coffee decaffeinated.

2.  If your banana is not that sweet you can add maple syrup to sweeten the smoothie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment