Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Plant Based Pizza with Stringy Mozzarrela, No Kidding







I am happy to announce I am eating pizza again even though I am plant based.  I just could not eat one without cheese so I avoided pizza.  If not for the dairy free Daiya brand mozzarella cheese I would have just given up on eating pizza on this plant based approach of eating.  In the past on this diet I have sneaked in a small piece of the regular non plant based pizza with dairy cheese but I was not happy about it.  I wanted my own substantial serving of pizza I would not be guilty of.

   

Dairy free Daiya mozzarella as the package claims is cheesy and stringy.  The taste is delicious and not the pasty kind you get from other brands.  I got mine at Mc Ginnis Specialty Food Store in Monroeville PA. It is a bit pricier than the regular mozzarella but definitely worth every penny for me.  They are so rich I just use less than what some would use of the regular version.

I decided to make my pizza using ciabatta bread I got from Aldis Grocery Store.  I placed the store bought marinara sauce on top and just placed the Daiya mozzarella cheese, mushroom slices and sliced yellow pepper on top.  I then sprinkled garlic powder, dry oregano, basil and parsley on top.  The garlic powder gives the taste to me of the Parmesan cheese that one sprinkles on most pizza.

This pizza works.  I am in pizza heaven.  As one T shirt I saw said, Life is Pizza and I got mine back. Thanks to Daiya cheese.

My Plant Based Pizza with Stringy Mozzarrela, No Kidding

1 serving
  • 1 Cibatta bread, split into two pieces
  • 2 tbsp Marinara sauce
  • 2 tbsp or more dairy free Daiya Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 small yellow pepper, sliced into four pieces
  • 2 large button mushrooms, sliced into 6 pieces
  • garlic powder to taste
  • dry oregano, basil and parsley to taste
Spread the Cibatta bread with the marinara sauce.  Top with the cheese, yellow pepper and mushroom pieces.  Toast or bake in the toaster oven till the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted but not burnt (like mine).  Sprinkle garlic powder, and the dry spices to taste.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment