Friday, April 8, 2016

Microwave Chia Lemon Bread Pudding



I like single serve microwable dessert.  I always wanted to make a single serve microwave bread pudding.  I also wanted one without using eggs.  I thought of using chia seeds and that was what I did in this recipe.  This is very similar to the Chia Lemon Pudding recipe in this blog but of a different texture and density due to the bread present.  I topped the bread pudding with kiwi and it went well with the lemony taste of the pudding.

Microwave Chia Lemon Bread Pudding

  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 pieces whole wheat bread, cubed
  • kiwi fruit slice
Combine the milk, chia seeds, lemon juice, lemon zest and maple syrup in a ramekin.  Stir.  Place the bread pieces in the mixture and allow to soak for 30 seconds.  Microwave for 3 minutes.  Let it set for 1 minute. Garnish with kiwi slices.




No comments:

Post a Comment