Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Slow Cooker Smothered Mexican Hamburger Patties


I wanted to prepare something mouthwatering with the frozen hamburger patties I had in the freezer other than thawing and grilling it.  I had prepared previously in this blog the delicious Slow Cooker version of Salisbury Steak.  I wanted something with a Mexican flair for a change.

I decided to Google what recipes were out there and found one in Food.com by Sarah of New York. It was simple with a short list of ingredients.  It also mentioned that the author used frozen hamburger patties. Perfect. No thawing.  I just dump everything including frozen hamburger patties in the slow cooker and forget it.

That was what I did and when I came home from church today, my house had this delicious aroma greeting me.  I added mushrooms and sliced red pepper to the recipe I found in Food.com which took the dish to another level and also more nutritious. The Worcestershire sauce with the diced tomatoes and green chilies was a marriage made in food heaven.

Slow Cooker Smothered Mexican Hamburger Patties

(Adapted from this one)
  • 8 frozen hamburger patties
  • 1-16 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1-4 oz can sliced button mushrooms
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 red pepper, sliced 
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 
  • salt and pepper to taste
Spread out the frozen hamburger patties in the slow cooker as best as you can.  They can overlap.  Add the rest of the ingredients over the patties.

Cook for 6 hours at low setting or 3 hours at high setting.  I used an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker and cooked it for 2 hours at slow cooker setting.

Serve with green salad and crusty bread or tortillas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment